Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Change Is Good

Dear Kind Readers, in keeping with the theme of the day, I've made a few minor housekeeping changes here at FOTL.

RIP Finspot

For reasons that will become apparent, it's time to retire the old handle, at least in part. In some quarters, particularly fly-fishing boards that I frequent (and boat-burning bonfire parties), I will always be Finspot. I've used the alias for more than a decade, so I don't expect it to go away (email is still finspotcook AT gmail DOT com), but for professional reasons it's time to emerge from the shadows. Which leads to the next change...

The Book!

You'll see a link to it in the upper right corner. Yep, FOTL is going to be a book. We're mighty thrilled. I'll have more to say on the subject as we get closer to the pub date (September '09), but suffice it to say the book will be quite different from the blog. More on that later.

Now back to our regularly programmed content.

13 comments:

Jon Roth said...

Wow Finspot, er, whoever - that is fantastic! What a crowning achievement. Congrats, can't wait to read it.

dp said...

Congratulations! You must be feeling pretty good right now!

ladyflyfsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ladyflyfsh said...

You'll always be finspot to me...looking forward to the book. Way to go!
LFF

Anonymous said...

WOW - congratuations!! I just found your blog, from your comment on mine.. now I must read more.

Langdon Cook said...

LTH - Thanks! Losing the handle is a drag, but feel free to keep using it.

Darlene - I'm on eggshells with anticipation. Thanks!

Ladyfish - When are we going to go foraging together?

Matt - Glad you stopped by. Your blog is awesome!

Heather said...

You've done it. You wrote the book I was supposed to write. Now I will have to just shift gears, and get off my lazy a$$.

Congratulations, Lang. It's (very) nice to put a face with the name, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Change is definitely good. Congrats on being 'out'. Looking forward to buying the book!

Langdon Cook said...

Heather - Off the tuckus! I'm sure anything you pen will be entertaining. (And yeah, I'm finally getting around to using some of these handy Blogspot widgets...)

Audrey - Gracias. Now I know my "ranking" will get at least a little bump.

Trout Caviar said...

Huzzah! Great news, Lang. All possible plaudits. Very much look forward to FOTL, The Book.

Brett

drfugawe said...

Whooo - take a few days off, and all hell breaks loose. Well, they say there's a book in every man; glad to see yours is finally oozing out!

Congrats, my friend.
john

Laurie Constantino said...

Congratulations on the book - that's really great news. I can't wait to read it!

Langdon Cook said...

Brett, Doc, Laurie - Thanks so much! I always look forward to your visits.